Maylandsea Bay Week 15th to 19th August 2016
(Registration on Sunday 14th August)
The highlight of the year at MBSC is the annual regatta week, which this year has a Rio Olympics theme. As usual, the committee has been hard at work preparing for the event, and have taken some action as a result of feedback from last year - thank you to all who completed the survey. Overall the survey said it is a great week and don’t change too much, but there were some suggestions that have resulted in some changes:
- You said you wanted to try different food – we have replaced fish and chips with lasagne
- You said you wanted the barn dance back – it’s in the programme for Wednesday night
- You said you wanted better music on Friday night – a band is booked to replace last year’s singer
We have had to increase the price a little as a result of the above changes, but £80 all in price is still great value for a full week’s sailing with food and entertainment every night.
The outline programme this year is:
- 5 days of dinghy racing or 3 days of keel boat racing
- Draft social programme
- Sunday – Registration & welcome drink with a “bring a plate” style buffet
- Monday – Party Games & Barbecue
- Tuesday – Karaoke & Pizza (fancy dress – Rio Olympics theme)
- Wednesday – Barn Dance and Lasagne
- Thursday – Quiz & jackets + chilli
- Friday – Prize giving, buffet & live band
- Day time events when the tide is out - including Pitch and Putt (small extra fee), Treasure Hunt, Mini Olympics, Rio Decathlon (don’t worry, it’s not athletic), and more
- And of course Pimms in the Park and Beer on the Balcony
All are welcome, whether camping, enjoying the evening entertainment or just having a fabulous week sailing. The week works because everyone helps out. A duty rota will be available at registration, and all participants will be expected to volunteer for duties.
Please fill in the enclosed entry form, and return it to Paul Gray by 11th July. Places are restricted to 100 and are allocated on a first come first served basis, so get your form in early. A limited number of club Pico boats are available for a small charge.
If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact Lisa Pollard or Paul Gray or any other members of the committee: Jules Dawson, Sally Gray, Rob Gray, Gail Raven, Joe Raven, and Phil Spillane
Entry forms can be downloaded here: MBW Entry Form 2016.xls
and updates will appear on the Maylandsea Bay Sailing Club Facebook page
We hope to see you there